Orvis Hydros Large Arbor Reel
$159.00 – $298.00
In a bid to make something already great even greater, Orvis created their Hydros Reel. Every excess material was consequently removed, not just reducing its weight but also stiffening its narrow spool which eliminates line stacking. Additionally, they altered and improved upon both its drag knob to be more easily reached and comfortable as well as perfecting its sealed drag for extra protection of its clutch bearing in its drag apparatus.
The Hydros reel foot has been carefully radiused to ensure leader protection without any kinks. Its sealed drag, boasting stacked carbon and stainless steel disc washers, is actually one of the strongest in its class. Not only that, but it also has zero start-up inertia. Furthermore, its type II anodized finish in matte style coupled with its standard large arbor size give it superior balance with lighter fly rods while providing quick retrieval rates and limited line coiling. Ultimately, refinement and constant improvement are two essential characteristics of a quality reel such as this one.
Free shipping on orders over $200!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
- Refined, lighter weight large arbor fly reel
- Improved fully-sealed drag clutch bearing
- Radiused reel foot for kink-free leader protection
- Ergonomically improved, easy to use drag knob
- Zero start-up inertia
- Excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling
- Hydros I for line weights 1-3; 4.7 oz, 3.1” in diameter.
- Hydros II for line weights 3-5; 5.0 oz, 3.4” in diameter.
- Hydros III for line weights 5-7; 5.5 oz, 3.7” in diameter.
- Hydros IV for line weights 7-9; 6.6 oz, 4” in diameter.
- Hydros V for line weights 9-11; 7.7 oz, 4.25” in diameter.
Black, Silver, Matte Olive, Green, Ice Blue
1, 2, 3, 4, 5